Reporting to the Vice President, Portfolio Accounting & Reporting, the Assistant Controller, Portfolio Accounting & Reporting will work to ensure the accurate and timely day-to-day, quarterly, and annual accounting and reporting for Madison Marquette's main holding entity, as well as assisting with reporting to Madison Marquette's parent company.
* Prepare quarterly and annual consolidations for Madison Marquette's primary holding entity in addition to a secondary holding entity * Prepare timely and accurate quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and footnotes in accordance with IFRS * Prepare timely and accurate quarterly reporting to parent company * Prepare consolidated annual reporting to parent company for all Madison Marquette investments and businesses * Manage the preparation of annual stand-alone property financial statements and footnotes for audit in accordance with both IFRS and GAAP * Liaison with JV partners on accounting and reporting matters
* Complete the monthly accounting close for several holding and investment level entities * Review reporting packages prepared by property accounting on a quarterly basis. Ensure property accounting is being performed in accordance with company policy * Coordinate quarterly production of audit schedules * Prepare investment waterfalls on a quarterly/annual basis. Record entries to investment property to adjust to fair value * Review all capital related accounting for portfolio properties (acquisitions, dispositions, recaps, refis) * Provide transaction closing support (i.e. pro-rations) and monitor wind-up of sold investments * Assist in preparation of monthly consolidated cash forecasting to parent company for all Madison Marquette investments and businesses * Review capital call/distribution requests for approval * Coordinate and provide information required for annual external appraisal process * Provide annual tax packages and requested documentation to internal Tax Director * Update investment track record on a quarterly basis * Assist in annual budget consolidation process * Other related duties as assigned
* Manage external audit process for Madison Marquette's primary holding entity * Coordinate implementation of auditor's recommendations
* Prepare guarantor reporting to lenders per loan documents * Manage compliance with loan covenants
* Assist with developing financial processes and internal controls * Assist with preparing and maintaining documentation of financial processes and controls
* 5+ years of relevant experience, private equity and retail real estate experience preferred * Degree in accounting or finance required * 2+ years of public accounting experience required * CPA certification and consolidation experience highly preferred * Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures * Understanding of automated accounting systems (experience with MRI a plus * Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint) * Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing * Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize * Be self-motivated, detail-oriented, dependable, responsible, flexible and professional