To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Be a facilitator of learning in a digital environment.
2) Fulfill the college's commitment to College Credit Plus, which requires a willingness to work with high school students, teachers, and counselors. May require travel to central Ohio's secondary schools.
3) Teaches assigned courses as scheduled in accordance with current department-approved course descriptions, course outlines, syllabi, and procedures.
4) Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance of instructional materials and laboratory facilities.
5) Assists in the maintenance of course descriptions, course outlines, and syllabi.
6) Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives. Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner. Determines and submits students' grades in accordance with established departmental and college policies and procedures.
7) Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with the Faculty Handbook and college and departmental policies and procedures.
8) Aids the college with goals of student success and retention. Assists in the identification of students with academic or other needs, and responds by utilizing and appropriate resources.
9) Maintains posted departmental hours in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, and departmental and college policies and procedures.
10) Ensures classroom lectures contain essential curricular components; have appropriate content and pedagogy; and reflect current trends.
11) Employs student, administrative and self-appraisals to establish goals and objectives.
12) Provides feedback, as appropriate, regarding the general operations of the department, the division, and the College.
13) Attends faculty meetings as called by the President, Vice-President of Academic Affairs, Dean or Department Chairperson and participates, as appropriate, in departmental activities.
14) Participates, as appropriate, in additional duties and responsibilities based upon the expertise and the needs of the department, division, or College.
15) Works assigned schedule exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands.
16) Performs other related duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College’s Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American’s with Disabilities Act.
Employee regularly sits, stands, reaches, and uses a computer. Employee occasionally bends, stoops and lifts items up to 10 pounds.
Working Conditions: Normal office and classroom working environment.
Minimum qualifications for the positions are: Must be a licensed veterinarian (DVM) and a graduate of an AVMA-accredited program. Must have the educational background and occupational experience appropriate to understand and fulfill program goals. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Additional Salary Information: The posted salary is for two semesters (Fall/Spring). Overload and Summer hours will be available.
Columbus State Community College is Central Ohio’s front door to higher education and a leader in advancing our region’s prosperity. Our mission is to educate and inspire, providing our students with the opportunity to achieve their goals.