The Information Technology Intern will provide direct technical assistance and support to Sinai Health System IS staff for network, hardware and software issues. Duties include installing and maintaining computer systems including software and hardware on desktops and laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to provide one-on-one technical assistance as requested, providing training to staff on software and hardware use, determining causes of computer/software/network malfunctions through evaluation and testing and resolution via modifications, repair, or external support assistance. This is a continuous appointment, initially lasting up to 6 months with the potential to go beyond that. Increased summer hours may be available.
· Working towards a degree in Computer Science or related field.
· A GPA of 3.0 or above
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of six months paid or volunteer work experience with computer desktop support in a networked environment for a small to mid-sized organization.
· Applicants must have experience with Windows XP/7 in a technical
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Experience with networking technologies and printer support is preferred.
· Applicants must have awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system
software, and application software.
· Applicant must have awareness of the PC Industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction, as well as a keen interest in computer
REQUIRED LICENSES, Certificates, Registrations:
· Minimum of two years of college or trade school education in a business, communications or
Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital is a freestanding, not-for-profit, 102-licensed bed facility onChicago’s West and Southwest Side that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient programs foradults and children. Schwab is a proud member of Sinai Health System and the first fully licensed andaccredited rehabilitation hospital in the Midwest.Our therapists see patients through the entire continuum o...f care, from acute inpatient admissions atMount Sinai Hospital, to inpatient rehabilitation and outpatient therapy services at Schwab. We alsohave a hospital-based rehabilitation-focused short-term sub-acute unit at Schwab that provides boththerapy and nursing services with exceptional outcomes.Our rehabilitation team takes a holistic, interdisciplinary approach to address the physical, cognitiveand psychosocial needs of each patient. Each patient is assessed and provided with a personalized careplan tailored to help achieve maximal independence and function. Schwab offers seven treatmentgyms featuring private treatment rooms, a warm-water indoor therapy pool, and an award-winningtherapeutic roof top garden.