Instructional Administrative Assistant II - Math, Science, & CTE Division
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09093
Location: Southeast Campus
Address: 2305 SE 82nd and Division, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Classified; Level 17; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $2,929 to $2,992 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
This position supports the Math, Science, and CTE Division, and specializes in supporting the Career Technical Education programs, including Aviation Science, CADD, MSD, BA, and CAS/OS.
The hours are 7am to 4 pm with occasional exceptions for first week of term and special events.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Paid Leave: Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service) 8 hours of Sick Leave per month 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
1. Effectively operate all modules of college data base system, including inputting, extracting, and presenting data in a useful format to make effective decisions or alert supervisor of specific issues. Run a variety of reports for assigned department or division.
2. Input all aspects of class schedule; creating and verifying information and resolving room assignment issues prior to catalog print deadline. Develop and proof Schedule Proof for final approval. Make changes to scheduled classes as determined by Department Chairs. Monitor enrollment data for low enrollment classes and advise supervisor as needed. Remove canceled classes from system. Notify students of canceled or delayed classes.
3. Receive and process time sheets and student payroll and resolve pay issues. Create EPAF using appropriate pay rates for each employee class. Work with HRIS to correct any errors in the submission process. Process MAP forms for special pay situations and cooperative education. Run reports to verify payroll is correct. Review employee records with multiple time cards and multiple pay rates for accuracy. Process payroll authorizations for full and part-time faculty, casual, student and administrative staff. Track instructor work days, sick days, and other special requirements set forth in bargaining agreements.
4. Track and monitor budget and/or grant expenditures for assigned departments or division. Reconcile budget expenditure records against college data base budget reports. Process the transfer of monies as required to ensure accounts are balanced.
5. Maintain database of instructional materials. Prepare and send instructor evaluations with corresponding instructions and materials.
6. Assist with the development of and type correspondence, policies and procedures, reports, contracts, instructional materials, time cards, and spreadsheets. Maintain supervisor's calendar. Coordinate and attend department meetings. Take minutes and distribute to participants as requested.
7. Order division/department supplies and equipment, instructional materials and textbooks utilizing the college purchase card and ensuring adherence to college purchasing guidelines. Track expenditures and reconcile bank statements.
8. Answer phones and greet the public and students. Provide general guidance, problem solving and assistance to students. May process petitions for graduation. Resolve a variety of office problems independently.
9. May interview and make recommendations in the hiring of student workers and casuals; coordinate the work activities of assigned student workers and casuals. Advise supervisor of student worker performance issues.
10. Process class book orders, ensuring adequate supply is available for enrolled students. Order desk copies for instructors and division library.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that support all of the following qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
High school diploma or equivalent
Three years administrative support experience or one year in a position equivalent to IAA I (college or business school training may be substituted for up to two years of the administrative experience requirement).
Other equivalent combinations of experience and training will be considered.
Knowledge of: Contemporary office practices, procedures and techniques; spelling, vocabulary, math and grammar skills; use and operation of personal computers and associated standard office software, basic customer service standards and principles; other office resources and equipment including phones and telecommunications systems, fax machines, copy machines, TTY devices; general knowledge of the administrative requirement associated with delivering academic programs and services in an educational environment.
Ability to: Develop and maintain effective working relationships; effectively evaluate a situation or issue and develop sound working solutions; maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record; provide effective and responsive service to department customers and contacts; perform all assigned tasks efficiently and accurately and create and maintain accurate records; possess and demonstrate the required level of proficiency in desktop computers and other assigned software or electronic resources, including the Intranet and Internet, as assigned; learn and utilize Banner or other information systems and databases; create and maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements Work is generally performed in an office environment. Frequent work interruption or change in work flow is frequent. Occasional lifting, guiding, or carrying of light-weight materials or equipment may be required. Sitting for extended periods of time while working at a computer terminal and the ability to bend, stoop, and crawl in troubleshooting office equipment failure or maintenance is required of incumbents in this classification.
Demonstrated experience with event coordination, working with external partners (contacting attendees, ordering event spaces, refreshments, etc.).
Experience creating promotional materials using a variety of software packages.
Experience using Banner (or similar database) to schedule classes.
Highly skilled in customer service.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit: 1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see 'Required Questions' below - (Attach document)* 2. Completed online application 3. Cover Letter (attach document)* 4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either 'Microsoft Word' or '.pdf' formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Resume Cover Letter Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Portland Community College is a dynamic multi-campus district with a reputation for innovation and excellence in the Pacific Northwest, and nationally. As part of our recruitment process we are actively seeking applicants who will bring diversity to our faculty, staff and administrative ranks. PCC is made up of three comprehensive campuses and more than 100 centers provide lower-division college t...ransfer courses, two-year associate degree programs, professional and technical career training programs, adult basic education, and non-credit courses. Our diverse student population numbers almost 90,000 students from all parts of the Portland metropolitan area. PCC works to foster excellence in both teaching and learning.Over 4000 full time and part time faculty, academic professional, classified, management and confidential staff are employed by the College. PCC's mission is to "provide quality education in an atmosphere that encourages the full realization of each individual's potential." To realize that goal, the college works to foster excellence in both teaching and learning. PCC is an AA/EEO institution. For more information visit http://www.pcc.edu/about/