This high profile position will be responsible for the following:
1. Assist the team head in the execution of key business initiatives with entity partners to secure continuous success and growth in the region as one united team MUFG.
2. Contribute and lead the taskforce to enhance business promotion and/or create synergies in the region. Facilitate discussions by providing valuable comments, insights and gap analysis.
3. Assist in the production and management of significant projects within the 3 MUFG entities (Bank, Securities and Trust & Banking) providing technical writing, business analysis and project plan support. Assess project issues and risks and identify mitigation factors presenting progress updates and / or reports to MUFG management.
4. Take initiatives in preparing MUFG EMEA sponsored meetings including agenda setting, preparing documentation and collating data from MUFG entities to create aggregated MUFG EMEA reports.
5. Coordinating with MUFG entities to share best practice to support senior management in the meeting key business deliverables.
6. Coordinate, cooperate and collaborate with MUFG entities in enhancing business collaborations.
Degree or equivalent experience.
Post Graduate Masters or equivalent in business, or strategic management. (Relevant professional qualifications/accreditations)
Work Experience Essential:
Strong knowledge and experience of working within Investment Banking.
Experienced in working at group level / in a strategy planning function having a clear understanding of governance and decision making processes in a multi-national organisation.
Functional/Technical Competencies Essential:
Good understanding of markets and / or fixed income business (primary and secondary).
Strong project management skills – proven track record of leading committees / workstreams ensuring critical timelines are maintained.
Exceptional IT skills, especially Advanced Excel and Powerpoint.
Awareness and understanding of regulatory landscape is important
Strong relationship management skill able to interact at regional and global level
Strong analytical skills.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of Japanese and Western business culture is beneficial.
Ability to assimilate and understand business change needs, assess the impact of those changes, capturing, analysing and documenting requirements.
Behavioural Competencies Essential: Integrity and Responsibility -Balance Risk with Opportunity -Customer Focus -Demonstrate Global Perspective Professionalism and Teamwork -Drive For Results -Collaborate and Build Partnerships -Communicate Effectively and Professionally Challenge Ourselves To Grow -Influence and Inspire Others -Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement -Think Strategically -Manage and Develop Talent
Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.