You will play a key position in ensuring that the bank conducts its business such that we protect our reputation, our business, and our customers within the regulatory and legal framework.
As part of the Financial Crime team you will be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of effective systems and controls to protect customers' assets and to mitigate the risk that MUFG might be used for a purpose connected with financial crime.
Trade Finance associates review underlying Trade Finance documents, the transaction structure, verify goods and their origin, track and analyse vessel movements and counterparties from an AML, sanctions and wider financial crime perspective to recommend a course of action as appropriate.
The role includes recording (and communicating with management) the results of their investigations and communications with the front office and customer as appropriate.
- Investigate Trade Finance transactions, ensuring underlying trade documents comply with relevant regulations and do not hide financial crime risk.
- Collaborate with front office, operations areas for trade finance to ensure effective communication and decision making
- Provide MI to management on EMEA wide Trade Finance activity
- Develop a good understanding of the broader banking and regulatory environment, keeping up to date with developments and their impact on MUFG.
Behavioural Competencies (Essential)
- Works collaboratively with immediate colleagues, other teams in Financial Crime, across ECOD and the bank and escalates appropriately
- Establishes trusted relationships
- Communicates clearly (in writing and orally), and flexes communication style as appropriate
Behavioural Competencies (Preferred)
- Actively considers and supports broad goals across the department, ECOD and the Bank
- Acquires, applies and shares specialist knowledge to identify & manage risk
- Actively identifies, addresses and resolves conflict
Work Experience (Essential)
Minimum of 1 years relevant experience
Work Experience (Preferred)
We can consider individuals from a Compliance or Operations with a working knowledge of Trade Finance products and key compliance issues
A-Levels or equivalent
Preferred – degree or equivalent experience
Functional / Technical Competencies (Essential)
- MS Office skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Understanding of financial crime risk (AML and Sanctions) in banking and a general understanding of the concepts of risk management and control
- Manages priorities effectively
- Proactively identifies and communicates improvements to process on the grounds of efficiency and effectiveness
- Good conceptual understanding of risk, compliance and controls
- Good understanding of Trade Finance products
- Good understanding of Trade Based Money Laundering and Sanctions
Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law