For more than two decades, Navitas has accelerated the internationalization of university campuses around the globe, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences. Our North American university partners include Simon Fraser University, University of Manitoba, University of Massachusetts Lowell, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, University of Massachusetts Boston, University of New Hampshire, Florida Atlantic University, University of Idaho, and Richard Bland College.
Navitas is seeking to employ a Student Success Manager to join our growing North American team in Moscow, Idaho.
TO APPLY Please send cover letter and resume to HR-NavitasNA@navitas.com. Reference job code 0717UOISSMNFA in the subject line of your email.
The Student Success Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of student and academic administrative processes and the development of a service-oriented Student and Academic Services team with the goal of maximum student retention and academic success.
The position will provide operational input to assist staff decision-making, and manage relationships between administration staff and other functional areas across the pathway program and the partner University.
• Oversee academic outcomes of pathway courses to ensure student performance is consistently monitored and concerns are addressed quickly; • Manage the development and implementation of consistent, streamlined and high quality student and academic services leading to high retention and student academic outcomes; • Supervise and support the Student Experience Specialist and Student Success Advisor positions; • Liaise with appropriate university personnel and instructional staff to ensure robust student outcomes; • Maintain strong and positive relationships within the university; • Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement in student and academic services and operations; • Ensure semester timetables are completed properly, utilize courses efficiently and faculty are placed on time; • Ensure appropriate communication and student event planning is being conducted semesterly; • Oversee student mentor, advising, tutoring, leadership and other programs; • Ensure accurate student records in Student Management Systems; • Analyze course and student evaluation data and prepare written reports with recommendations; • Manage student performance standards and academic integrity processes; • Analyze and report on student outcomes; • Ensure continuous quality assurance of academic programs; • Provide academic advising to Navitas students; • Other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree;
• 3-5 years’ experience working with international students in higher education areas of academic advising and student support;
• High interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to consult, counsel and liaise with a wide range of people from culturally diverse backgrounds;
• 2+ year’s people management and leadership experience;
• Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively in a team setting as well as independently;
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters;
• Strong writing skills and ability to write and analyze reports based on student data;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
• Strong presentation skills;
• Strong problem-solving skills;
• Demonstrated experience and commitment to quality assurance in teaching and learning and student support;
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, especially with Excel; and experience with student administration and management systems;
• Demonstrated strong work ethic and integrity;
• Valid driver’s license;
• Experience in a multicultural environment;
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual skills.
What We Offer
Navitas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and are a values-driven employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a Criminal Background and/or a Multi-State Sex Offender Registry review.
Additional Salary Information: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Navitas accelerates the internationalization of university campuses, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences and bringing global perspectives to the university community. Navitas’ proven partnership model delivers expertise, capital and a track record in international education that gives universities the freedom to reinvest their time, ...money and personnel into capacity building and innovation. By expanding diversity and global connections across college campuses, Navitas fuels universities’ efforts towards sustainable growth while delivering a superior student experience. Navitas currently partners with 8 universities in North America in our Global Student Success Program.