Full-Time Counselor needed to work in our girls’ program: This position is open to licensed professionals, including Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists. Applicants must have a strong understanding of child development, family systems and group dynamics.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Eagle Ranch, a non-profit residential children’s program in Northeast Georgia, has an immediate opening for a Counselor to work in our girls’ program. Within a community that is dedicated to the care of children and families, our counselors provide oversight and management of two homes. Specific duties include supervision and training of staff teams, crisis intervention, implementation of treatment programs and counseling. You will work with up to 14 girls and their families as they progress through the program in identifying goals, evaluating progress, and deciding appropriate time for completion of the program and aftercare plans.
1. Good character, health, and emotional stability.
2. Regularly attends church.
3. Agrees with Eagle Ranch statement of faith.
Education and Experience:
1. Professional Licensure: Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or related field.
2. Strong understanding of child development and family and group dynamics.
3. Strong understanding and ability to implement systemic, strategic, and structural work with families.
4. Ability to relate to a wide range of individuals from social, economic, emotional, and spiritual standpoint.
5. Ability to share one’s faith and integrate it into professional duties.
6. Experience in counseling children, adolescents, and their families required.
1. Ability to understand and use Microsoft Windows and internet based case management program.
1. Good physical and psychological health as assessed by employment exams and job performance.
2. Good writing and verbal skills.
3. Able to manage a flexible schedule.
4. Required to be available for crisis intervention on an ongoing basis for two homes and for entire program on a rotating basis.
For more information, visit EagleRanch.org/employment/counselor
To apply, candidates should email their resumes and cover letter to Bob Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org and wait to be contacted. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
Founded in 1982, Eagle Ranch has served as a primary resource for Metro Atlanta’s children and families in crisis for over three decades. Originally founded as a home for boys, the program was expanded in 2001 to include girls. The same year, an on-campus school for Ranch children was opened. The SACS accredited school serves all Ranch children grades 6-9. In 2010, we opened two additional girls’ ...homes, bringing the total number of homes to ten (six boys’ homes and four girls’ homes). We can now serve 66 children on our campus at one time. Located in Flowery Branch, Georgia, Eagle Ranch is a community uniquely designed to help make life better for children and families going through a crisis. We use an integrated approach, built on Christian principles, that models home life, emphasizes education, and incorporates individual and group counseling. Boys and girls live on Eagle Ranch’s peaceful 310-acre campus, giving them the time and space they need to work through their struggles. We keep families connected and actively involved during their child’s stay at the Ranch. Our aim is for renewal: of the child’s individual purpose and identity; of positive relationships among family members; and of hope for a more promising future for everyone we serve.