Colorado Lutheran Homes and Apartments is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
As a nonprofit residence, our mission is to foster healing and health within our community by providing a wellness way-of-life with quality, efficiency and empathy for those residents entrusted to our care.
Arvada, Colo. (Apartments estab. 1964, Health Care Center estab. 1974)
Independent Living, Assisted Living, Long Term Care
Secured Memory Unit for Women
Excellence in Action award places it in the top 380 nursing homes in the U.S. (out of 16,000+).
Eden Alternative Registered Home
Step One Quality Award from the American Health Care Association
Of all the rituals we human beings have created in our lives, sharing good food with good friends is one of the most important, memorable, and enduring.
The Dining Care Partner plays a pivotal role in making the dining experiences within our community filled with meaning, memory, and relationships. Food should be prepared with care, served with pleasure, and appeal to all the senses. Food and beverages should reflect the preferences of the Elders who live here, with a few surprises thrown in for variety and spontaneity. Spurred by appetite or interest, all should be able to fix, request, and enjoy foods of their choosing throughout the day. If baking cookies at 10pm while watching movies sounds good to the Elders, it happens, just as it does in our own home. The pace of mealtime should be one that celebrates the slow food experience, where local foods are included when available. All who sit to down to break bread together should be so in the spirit of pleasure and joy. In our community, all are welcome at the table when it is time to dine, bringing the Domains of Well-Being into each person's meal experience.
As a team member, your responsibilities will include:
· Developing relationships with the Elders in your neighborhood to ensure foods and beverages of their choosing are readily available as desired;
· Creating a dining atmosphere that is welcoming, relaxed and relationship-driven, where everyone feels at home;
· Engaging Elders, families, children, and other care partners in all aspects of the meal experience, helping everyone become well-known to one another;
· Understanding the Domains of Well-Being and working across the community to bring them to life daily;
· Teaching your unique skill set to others, so that the nutritional desires of the Elders can be met throughout the day;
· Collaborating with the neighborhood team to plan and participate in special celebrations and spontaneous events and being available to make food available spontaneously to coincide with individual Elder's daily routines and appetites;
· Follow proper food preparation and storage to assure regulatory compliance, quality food outcome and food safety. Monitors and documents refrigeration temperatures. Reports temperatures that are out of range and follows direction and process to address the issue;
· Provides caring service and support to the Elders, family, guests and care partners that include beverage service, food distribution, set up and offering of condiments while making sincere effort to honor personal preferences and requests;
· Maintain a clean, sanitary and orderly dining atmosphere and kitchen environment for the Elders, Care Partners, families and guests;
· Monitors and documents sanitizing agents used throughout the culinary areas and communicate discrepancies;
· Demonstrate knowledge and ability to follow basic therapeutic diets; honors Elders choices by communicating lack of acceptance of therapeutic diets or textures;
· Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and requirements by following proper procedures for cleaning, sanitizing, dishwashing, food storage, hand washing, food handling and personal cleanliness;
· Perform daily tasks that include but are not limited to basic food preparation, bussing, cleaning and resetting tables, rolling silverware, washing and sorting diet cards, cleaning and sanitizing of counters, walls, beverage areas, dishwashing, sweeping, stocking and trash disposal;
· Protect the Elders, guests, team and self from illness and infection by wearing protective equipment when applicable and practicing good hand washing procedures;
· Follow individualized plan of care for the Elders to include adaptive equipment, supplements, beverage and food prefences.
Other actions to help build strong working relationships with your care partner team include:
Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time
Be available to work overtime if needed
Be respectful of all with whom you interact and follow the Exempla Service Behaviors
Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role
Be in compliance with the drug and alcohol policy as stated in the Employee Handbook
Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned
Demonstrate a willingness to learn
Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks
The successful candidate must be able to speak, read, and write English.
Hours are 345pm- 745pm, 15-18 hours/wk
3-4 weekends a month, most weekends including being available both SAT and SUN
We reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith,
•We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner.
•We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settin...gs and improve access, quality, health outcomes, and affordability.
•We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnerships with others who share our vision and values.
Caring Spirit - We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
Excellence - We set and surpass high standards.
Good Humor - We create joyful and welcoming environments.
Integrity - We do the right thing with openness and pride.
Safety - We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates.
Stewardship - We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.