The IT Systems and Network Manager reports to the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operations Officer and takes ownership in ensuring the overall support and maintenance of all aspects of St. Luke’s network and system infrastructure. This position works with the school administrators to develop network and security policies, assesses and communicates risk, educates the school community on matters of network policies, and performs other network related tasks that affect network and server infrastructure. This manager is a service-oriented team player that embraces both strategy and vision and provides a high-level technical expertise, support, and leadership to community members.
Responsibilities of the IT manager include but are not limited to:
· Collaborates with the administrators and academic staff to define St. Luke’s network strategy and assures that proposed solutions are consistent with the mission and vision of St. Luke's School.
· Manages and ensures the uptime and maintenance of server environment, switching infrastructure, Wi-Fi and VoIP systems, backup servers, and oversees the administration of staff and student user accounts, permissions, and access rights in Active Directory and Google Apps for Education.
· Performs preventative maintenance in computer labs, on laptop carts and printers & copiers.
· Manages all relationships with IT Consultants and 3rd Party Vendors.
· Maintains inventory of networking equipment and infrastructure and hardware/software warranties.
· Coordinates school wide IT support efforts with required technology assistance and AV setups.
· Lead all IT initiatives and special projects per the request of school administration and departments.
· Prepares the annual IT Budget.
· All other duties as assigned by the CFO & COO and Head of School.
· Physical Requirements and Work Environment: This position may require working hours outside of a normal work-day on an as-needed basis. It may also require lifting computer hardware and equipment from time to time.
· Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. (Work in a JK-8 environment a plus)
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
· Experience with deploying Apple iPads, iMacs, PCs and Chromebooks. Knowledgeable in Windows Server Administration, Active Directory and Group Policy. Experience with Google Apps with Education. Familiar with Wi-Fi and VoIP platforms, Firewall management, MDM solutions, VPN systems, Blackbaud FE, management of L2/L3 switching infrastructure, VMware vSphere environments.
Additional Salary Information: Based on Experience