Fulfills all duties of a dispatcher while also serving as the primary operator of a number of computer based systems at the College, which support the campus building security access system, parking, and college identification cards. As lead dispatcher, acts as liaison between dispatchers, the Director and the Supervisor. The lead dispatcher also represents the Director of Campus Safety as a liaison with various college departments such as Facilities Services, Information Technology, Campus Living, Conferences and Events and the New Student Orientation program. In conjunction with the Campus Safety Director, the Lead Dispatcher must be prepared to act as a liaison between necessary parties during a major campus, community or national time of crisis; including college emergency management personnel, local police, fire, and other emergency personnel, as well as other outside entities as they are determined. Additionally, the Lead Dispatcher is primarily responsible for overseeing all emergency communications with community members and outside agencies during federally mandated annual emergency drills.
This position is represented by the Lewis & Clark College Support Staff Association Local 4912 of the American Federation of Teachers http://www.lclark.edu/unions/lccssa/welcome-to-lccssa/
Lewis & Clark College will conduct a background check on the finalist. Lewis & Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex or age. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator or OCR.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
• 3-5 years experience as a Lead dispatcher in a law enforcement or college campus safety setting
• 1 year experience with general office administration
• Demonstrated strong PC skills, using Windows operating systems and utilizing various software and applications such as MS-Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, as well as specialized network and database software.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of computer hardware, accessories and physical setups with related equipment
• Demonstrated effective communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task under stressful situations with little or no supervision
• Strong customer service skills, with a demonstrated ability to both provide direction to, and interact effectively with, others in stressful situations
• Ability to touch type effectively at a fluent rate
Lewis and Clark is a private institution with a public conscience, a residential campus with global reach. Students and faculty throughout all three of Lewis & Clark’s schools—the College of Arts and Sciences, the Graduate School of Education and Counseling, and the Law School—pursue new ways of knowing by combining classic liberal learning with pioneering collaboration. Located in Portland, Orego...n, the student experience is enhanced by the inspiring beauty of the college's natural setting on 137 wooded acres in Portland’s southwest hills.