Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 17,300 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
Under supervision, performs general clerical/office work, including overseeing functions of the Central Business Office lockbox and reconciliation of deposits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Organizes assigned clerical work and develops effective workflows and it pertains to reconciliation of the lockbox.
2. Reviews, checks and certifies reports, applications and other documents for accuracy.
3. Maintain batch book and logs all batched that come to faculty Business Office for data entry.
4. Prepares correspondence and other mailing's in accordance with department's routines and regulations.
5. Access to the Practice Management system to retrieve third party explanation of benefits and to review account balances.
6. Answers telephones and routes call to the appropriate party.
7. Receives copies of records from the bank and sorts and totals for accuracy. Identifies and report any issues.
8. Records various types of data accurately.
9. Under supervision, assists in preparation of reports.
10. Maintain essential records and files, including reconciling all deposits posted in the Practice Management system (Centricity Business).
11. Maintains inventory control of supplies and prepares requests for ordering.
12. Maintain regular contacts with internal and external customers.
13. Ensure follow up action as and when necessary.
14. Understands and adheres to RowanSOM's compliance standards as they appear in RowanSOM's Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent. A minimal of three (3) years work experience in a billing office setting. Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of faculty and staff. Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment. Proficient with practice management software and overall knowledge of MS Office.
Please be advised that some positions are subject to the residency requirements of the NJ First Act (N.J.S.A. 52:14-7, P.L. 2011, Chapter 70). Any person hired into identified positions shall either have their principal residence in New Jersey or they have one year from the date of employment to establish, and then maintain, principal residence in the State of New Jersey. The law also provides that any person may petition a State committee for an exemption from the requirements based on critical need or hardship.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
The Stratford, NJ Campus is a Tobacco-Free Workplace.
A leading public institution, Rowan University combines liberal education with professional preparation from the baccalaureate through the doctorate. Rowan provides a collaborative, learning-centered environment in which highly qualified and diverse faculty, staff, and students integrate teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, and community service. Through intellectual, social and cul...tural contributions, the University enriches the lives of those in the campus community and surrounding region.