Position Status: Management, Full-time, Level M, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Salary Range: $79,885 to $115,832 per year. Starting Salary generally will not exceed the mid-point of the range, based qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Job Close Date: For best consideration, please apply by July 26, 2017
Job Summary: Portland Community College is seeking a Director for our Nursing Program. The Director is responsible for the overall planning, direction, organization and operation of the nursing program at Portland Community College. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic leader who possesses exceptional communication, interpersonal, and intercultural skills.
The PCC Nursing Program has a long standing reputation for excellence and its graduates are always in high demand. The Program is designed to prepare the student with entry level skills needed to assume the role of a registered nurse, thereby, qualifying the graduate to take the RN exam for licensure. The two-year program combines classroom activities with skills lab and clinical experiences to prepare our graduates to be successful nurses.
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), and graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science degree in nursing.
PCC's Nursing Program is a partner college with the Oregon Consortium for Nursing Education (OCNE) which creates a smooth transition to further their education at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU).
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, please review the required qualifications below and apply today!
To apply for this position please submit: 1. Complete online application. Please be sure that work history(including dates, hours per week, supervisors, etc.) is completely detailed in application or in resume.
2. Cover letter specifically stating how you meet each of the qualifications for the position, including preferred qualifications. (Attach document)*
3. Current Resume. (Attach document)*
4. Unofficial transcripts which include degree and date conferred (Attach as a combined document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either 'Microsoft Word' or '.pdf' formats.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Paid Leave: 14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month 1 day of Sick Leave per month 11 Holidays 3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Responsibilities/Duties: Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide leadership for the nursing department and engage faculty in the strategic planning process.
2. Provide leadership for development, implementation and evaluation of the program including curriculum and accreditation.
3. Foster and maintain a supportive and caring teaching and learning environment where diversity is valued.
4. Market program and coordinate student recruitment, selection and retention.
5. Serve as a liaison to the dean and other internal and external stakeholders.
6. Participate in budget preparation and management.
7. Prepare faculty teaching assignments, schedules and classroom assignments in accordance with college policy.
8. Facilitate faculty development and performance review. Engage in self-assessment.
9. Recruit and recommend hiring and appointing and retaining faculty and staff.
10. Collect and compile research data and write reports.
11. Establish and maintain advisory committee and work with other health care agencies and professional organizations.
12. Provide instruction in accordance with program needs.
13. Participate in fund raising activities, including grant writing.
14. Coordinate student recruitment, selection and retention.
15. Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
Positions assigned to Nursing may also be responsible for:
Providing curriculum leadership and development expertise.
Maintaining applicable records and information for accreditation activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
- Master's degree in Nursing, including experience or preparation in curriculum and teaching.
- Five years of professional nursing experience, including three years as a nurse educator or nursing education program administrator.
- Current unencumbered registered nurse license in the state of Oregon or the ability to be licensed in the state.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledge of: - Leadership principles; - Public relations principles; - Budgeting principles; - Grant development, administration, and management principles; - Community agencies and resources; - Strategic planning principles; - Financial management principles; - Program development and administration principles and practices at a District-wide level; - Policy and procedure development practices; - Advanced principles and practices in assigned area of responsibility; - Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes.
Demonstrated Skill in: - Supervising subordinate staff; - Directing a District-wide program; - Reading, comprehending, and reviewing financial information; - Making program decisions based on financial considerations; - Adapting to rapidly changing environments; - Handling multiple tasks simultaneously; - Providing public relations; - Preparing and managing grants; - Developing, managing, and administering budgets; - Monitoring and evaluating programs; - Collaborating with external agencies; - Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations; - Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and making recommendations in support of goals; - Monitoring legal and regulatory changes; - Mediating conflict; - Conducting negotiations; - Maintaining confidentiality; - Analyzing processes and making recommendations for improvement; - Researching, analyzing, and applying relevant information to the development of departmental processes and programs; - Coordinating activities with other internal departments and/or external agencies; - Preparing a variety of reports related to operational activities, including statistical analysis; - Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff; - Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting; - Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
Special/Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Experience with, and ability to lead and manage a program development process grounded in evidence-based teaching and learning principles, which includes short and long term planning, the development and design of curricula, the establishment of program and course outcomes, program review, and the development of effective and efficient clinical education.
- Experience with and ability to lead and manage an educational program that is team based.
- Experience including, but not limited, to multi-fidelity clinical simulation, computer-based teaching and learning, video conferencing, and distance learning via proprietary platforms (e.g. Desire2Learn).
- Experience interacting with state and other professional accreditation/regulatory agencies, where the stated experience encompassed preparing accreditation documents , implementing suggested improvements, addressing program deficiencies, and effective personal and professional networking with representatives from those agencies. Experiences in data collection and analysis are desirable.
Additional Posting Information: Notes to Applicants
- Applicants selected for further consideration will be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
- The College will request an Oregon criminal record check and may request an FBI record check on applicants for Nursing positions. Probationary appointments may be offered on a provisional basis prior to completion of a criminal history evaluation. Continuation of a probationary appointment made on a provisional basis is contingent upon completion of a criminal history evaluation that is satisfactory to PCC or Senior and Disabled Services Division.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting: Resume Cover Letter Transcript
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Portland Community College is a dynamic multi-campus district with a reputation for innovation and excellence in the Pacific Northwest, and nationally. As part of our recruitment process we are actively seeking applicants who will bring diversity to our faculty, staff and administrative ranks. PCC is made up of three comprehensive campuses and more than 100 centers provide lower-division college t...ransfer courses, two-year associate degree programs, professional and technical career training programs, adult basic education, and non-credit courses. Our diverse student population numbers almost 90,000 students from all parts of the Portland metropolitan area. PCC works to foster excellence in both teaching and learning.Over 4000 full time and part time faculty, academic professional, classified, management and confidential staff are employed by the College. PCC's mission is to "provide quality education in an atmosphere that encourages the full realization of each individual's potential." To realize that goal, the college works to foster excellence in both teaching and learning. PCC is an AA/EEO institution. For more information visit http://www.pcc.edu/about/