Now is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
For over 60 years, Lebanon VA Medical Center has passionately served with trust, excellence and commitment. We have a vibrant affiliation with the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine based at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA and maintain 106 other academic affiliations in a wide variety of disciplines. The largest employer in Lebanon County offering a wide range of benefits including: Retirement, Thrift Savings Plan, Federal Employees Groups Health Insurance, Federal Employees Group Life Insurance, Supplemental Dental and/or Vision, and more. Additional information can be found on our internet site http://www.lebanon.va.gov/.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Current VA employees should apply under 1977764
Selectee will not be required to file a financial disclosure report.
Under the supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse, the licensed practical nurse functions as a member of the nursing team and assists the RN in the care of patients in acute, subacute, or chronic states of illness. The LPN delivers fundamental, knowledge-based care to assigned patients while developing technical competencies. The position is within the Nursing Services 1-4a Long Stay unit at Lebanon Veteran Affairs (VA) Medical Center.
· Functions independently as the charge nurse for the shift, responsible for the care provided to the CLC Veterans by the other licensed and non-licensed nursing staff during the assigned shift.
· Assists the RN and other members of the IDT with providing input in the development of the care plan, based on the Veterans care needs. This includes input into completion of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessment at required and various time points.
· Assists with discharge planning of Veterans to more appropriate level of care. Coordinates the transfer of Veterans to more appropriate levels of care dependent on acuity needs. Promotes Veteran participation in the therapeutic community by fostering self-reliance and independence.
· Verifies physician orders in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and SOPs. Seeks clarification, as needed, for orders with medical providers, pharmacy, or other departments, as applicable.
· Supports and enhances Veteran self-determination.
· Serves as a resource for Veterans and staff in addressing ethical issues that arise on the unit.
Work Schedule:AMENDED TO INLCUDE EVENING SHIFT
1- Evening Shift (1600-2400) Weekends and holidays included.
1- Primarily days (7:45 ? 4:15) with weekends and holidays included rotating to evenings and nights as needed.
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
VA needs new employees with a wide variety of skills and professions.Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of some truly special and deserving people.Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your country's service.Those who a...lready work at VA feel privileged to assist the men and women who have defended our country. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.The Department of Veterans Affairs is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. America's veterans need you.