Program Coordinator, Professional Development and Training
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09076
Location: Southeast Campus
Address: 2305 SE 82nd and Division, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Academic Professional; Level 5; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $48,122/yr to $83,441/yr. (see 'Additional Posting Information' section for details)
Job Close Date: For best consideration, apply by July 12, 2017
JobSummary: Portland Community College's Continuing Education program is looking for an outstanding professional with the skills, desire, and enthusiasm to maintain and build classes that will help professionals reach the next level in their work and career.
Under the direction of a Program Manager, the Program Coordinator for Professional Development and Training provides quality non-credit courses that promote professional exploration and development for students. This key position is responsible for working with part-time instructors to schedule and develop open enrollment non-credit and continuing education classes within a self-support budget. The program coordinator will be part of a dynamic team offering innovative and diverse educational experiences that make real impact for individuals and the community.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Paid Leave: 13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month 1 day of Sick Leave per month 11 Holidays 3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Responsibilities/Duties: - Administers the delivery of classes and events including evaluating curriculum, developing course titles and writing/editing course descriptions, assessing production and promotional costs and tuition and fees and coordinating locations, times and other logistics. - Monitors program budgets and authorizes budget expenditures. Prepares budgets for upcoming classes and events to meet self-support and revenue generation goals. - Provides reports to manager, including enrollment reports and class success rates. Utilizes data to select repeat classes and events and develop new classes and events. - Provides support to instructors: coaching on pedagogy, developing curriculum, assessing and evaluating. - Assists with providing support to students regarding instructional matters, including guidance on course selection and complaint resolution.
Minimum Qualifications: In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that support all of the following qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Bachelor's degree in Communication, Organizational Design, Marketing, Education, or related field (experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis). Depending on position, specialized training may be required.
Demonstrated experience in developing and coordinating educational programs. Demonstrated experience in marketing and/or sales. Experience working with adults and curriculum design, development, and delivery. Specialized experience within area of assignment may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Considerable knowledge of effective marketing techniques.
Considerable knowledge of adult learning theory, needs assessment, and curriculum development and evaluation.
Considerable knowledge of current business trends and terminology.
Knowledge of effective supervisory and project management methods and techniques.
In depth knowledge and awareness of emerging trends in educational program area.
Skill in operating a computer and various supporting software packages.
Skill in project management and independent problem solving.
Skill in defining and conducting needs assessments.
Skill in designing and developing curriculum.
Ability to manage multiple projects.
Ability to develop, monitor, and track budgets.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Ability to transport educational materials that may weigh up to 50 pounds. Using a computer or telephone may require extended periods of sitting.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Work is performed in an office setting. Incumbents drive to client offices or field sites to conduct sales calls, finalize contracts, or coordinate training programs requiring the use of a personal vehicle. Work hours require flexibility in order to meet client training requirements. Early morning, evening, and occasional weekend hours are required.
Special/Preferred Qualifications: Special/Preferred Qualifications: 1. Experience assessing professional development training and continuing education needs to plan and schedule courses/programs for a diverse, geographically dispersed population.
2. Experience working within higher education, the public sector, or a non-profit.
3. Experience tracking budgets and generating revenue to support programs in a self-funded organization.
4. Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in the workplace and in program coordination.
5. Experience compiling, tracking, and evaluating data to inform programming decisions.
6. Experience managing complex and dynamic details in a deadline-oriented environment.
7. Experience overseeing instructors: coaching on pedagogy, developing outcomes and curriculum, assessing and evaluating.
8. Exhibit strong interpersonal skills, conflict resolution and creative problem solving skills.
9. Experience negotiating contracts and agreements with internal and external entities.
10. Demonstrates ability to use professional judgment while working independently as well as within a hierarchy while adhering to guidelines and policies.
11. Experience working within an environment that requires flexibility and abstract thinking.
- Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied for new Academic Professionals.
To apply for this position you must submit: 1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see 'Required Questions' below - (Attach document)* 2. Completed online application 3. Cover Letter (attach document)* 4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either 'Microsoft Word' or '.pdf' formats.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting: Resume Cover Letter Responses to Required Questions
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Portland Community College is a dynamic multi-campus district with a reputation for innovation and excellence in the Pacific Northwest, and nationally. As part of our recruitment process we are actively seeking applicants who will bring diversity to our faculty, staff and administrative ranks. PCC is made up of three comprehensive campuses and more than 100 centers provide lower-division college t...ransfer courses, two-year associate degree programs, professional and technical career training programs, adult basic education, and non-credit courses. Our diverse student population numbers almost 90,000 students from all parts of the Portland metropolitan area. PCC works to foster excellence in both teaching and learning.Over 4000 full time and part time faculty, academic professional, classified, management and confidential staff are employed by the College. PCC's mission is to "provide quality education in an atmosphere that encourages the full realization of each individual's potential." To realize that goal, the college works to foster excellence in both teaching and learning. PCC is an AA/EEO institution. For more information visit http://www.pcc.edu/about/