As part of the Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy (CPPA) this position will serve as a project leader for Patient Advocates Reporting System (PARS) clients. This role will be responsible for PARS production elements related to assigned clients. Coordinate and develop detailed project plan and monitor project fulfillment. Manage and communicate project status to team members and executive staff. Leads team members in supporting the PARS program. Work independently and with minimal supervision. This position is held fully accountable for the assigned client and for development of client relationships within the PARS program and CPPA.
A.Develop work goals for the unit/area consistent with institutional and departmental goals and policy
Â·Define work goals and benchmarks of success within the context of departmental and institutional goals
Â·Initiate changes to, or develop policies, procedures and/or methods as needed to achieve goals and implement as appropriate
Â·Develop measurements of progress towards stated project objectives and provide periodic reports to leadership
Â·Motivate unit to understand, share, and support the vision
B.Ensure the most effective operation of the unit/area through program development, process improvement and coordination of processes across functions
Â·Serve as project leader for assigned PARSÂ® clients and development clients
Â·Complete initial review and assessment of physician data
Â·Manage client services and ongoing relationship development
Â·Participate in coding, editing and production related to assigned clients/development clients
Â·Be responsible for PARSÂ® production elements related to assigned clients/development clients.
Â·Manage PARSÂ® production and distribution of folders for all clients
Â·Coordinate client screening process by assessing client Data Sheets, screening sample complaint data and obtaining client contact list and organizational chart
Â·Track and Monitor quality, timeliness and integrity of client/development client data
Â·Coordinate and develop detailed project plan and monitor project fulfillment
Â·Write Phase I assessment reports for potential/development clients
Â·Track the status of each project, client or potential client to ensure timely progress is made, production schedule is maintained and client commitments and expectations are met or exceeded
Â·Assign work priorities to Client Service Representatives (I & II), schedule and allocate work to meet deadlines and emergencies or changing conditions
Â·Develop status as subject matter expert and maintain active communication with each assigned client/development client
Â·Ensure timely completion of project tasks in line with Center objectives
Â·Identify, document and manage project issues and escalate, as appropriate, to achieve timely resolution
Â·Provide information, oral or written, to others to explain/clarify problems, issues or requests; meet with other professional/technical personnel to determine causes of a specific problem and facilitate resolution.
Â·Travel to client sites on a regular basis for the delivery of physician data and continued client training. Travel to development client sites for purposes of observation and evaluation
Â·Ownership of PARS client or development site visit from scheduling and planning to onsite execution
Â·Oversee the work of Client Service Representatives (I & II) personnel as related to assigned client/development client sites
Â·Manage and communicate project status to team members and executive staff
Â·Participate in regular management meetings to keep faculty and executive management informed of client/development client status, problems and concerns
Â·Prepare multiple documents including but not limited to draft semi-annual progress reports, draft annual intervention update materials, and the agenda and handout materials for annual leadership/messenger updates.
Â·Develop custom data reports as requested by clients.
C.Define and achieve financial targets for the unit/area, consistent with the departmental financial plan
Â·Prepare ad hoc reports frequently
Â·Monitor Phase I and Phase II proposal and contract status for development clients
D.Develop and meet service standards
Â·Develop service standards
Â·Monitor performance against service standards
Â·Ensure that the service standards established for the unit/area are met or exceeded
Â·Use patient/customer satisfaction data to improve systems, processes, and outcomes
E.Provide a qualified, competent staff
Â·Provide qualified and competent Client Service Representatives (I & II) staff by tracking projected staffing needs against qualification and competencies of current staff, in order to identify any deficiencies and improve staffing levels
F.Ensure a safe, satisfying and enriching environment for employees
Â·Coordinate development of appropriate training materials and training plan
Â·Assist and monitor implementation of staff training
Â·Actively identify and participate in training, education, and development activities to improve own knowledge and performance, and to sustain and enhance professional development
Â·Provide advice, guidance, and training to subordinates
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
PEER LEADERSHIP (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (INTERMEDIATE):- Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
NETWORKING (INTERMEDIATE):- Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies oneâs own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employeesâ effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.