Behavioral Health Specialist - $75K starting salary rising to $90K within two years - SUPERB benefits including free health insurance for self and dependents, 401k match, pension, etc.!
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) represents more than 300,000 full-time professional fire fighters and paramedics in more than 3,100 affiliates.
The IAFF currently has an IMMEDIATE opportunity for a Behavioral Health Specialist who would be responsible for the development and administration of behavioral health programs for the IAFF membership. This is an amazing opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our membership.
This is an exicting and important new position, where you'll have the opportunity to identify behavioral health problems as it impacts fire fighters and EMT's, develop and disseminates technical materials and information, and provide assistance our members.
Your responsibilities would include:
· Providing technical assistance, information, and advice to IAFF affiliates as it relates to behavioral health problems, questions and concerns
· Tracking expenses for behavioral health programs
· Providing extensive technical assistance for member behavioral health programs
· Coordinating the schedules of instructors for behavioral health training programs
· Planning the development of curriculum for behavioral health program revisions
· Serving as liaison to groups involved with behavioral health programs
· Making presentations to IAFF affiliates on behavioral health topics
· Attending meetings and conferences with, and on behalf of, the Director of Occupational Health and Safety in order to represent the IAFF and advocate for the behavioral health for fire fighters
· Coordinating and schedules behavioral health workshops for IAFF conferences and symposiums
· Other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Your skills and qualification should be:
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Behavioral Health, Mental Health Counseling or related field
· Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in the field of mental health counseling, peer counseling, or behavioral health.
. State licensure in a mental health field ais preferred but not required, as is counseling and/or working with fire fighters, EMT's, and/or other public safety personnel.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent research skills
· Ability to read and interpret scientific and statistical data
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Please note that normal working hours are M-F, 9AM to 4:30PM and the work is performed at our Washington, DC offices. Travel may be required.
The IAFF is an EEO/AA employer, and members of traditionally disadvantaged groups are strong encouraged to apply.
Additional Salary Information: Salary rises to $90.5K within two years!FULL EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS!!!!
The IAFF is the driving force behind nearly every advance in the fire and emergency services in the 21st century. With headquarters in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, the IAFF represents more than 300,000 full-time professional fire fighters and paramedics in more than 3,100 affiliates. IAFF members protect more than 85 percent of the population in communities throughout the United States and... Canada. The IAFF is also one of the most active lobbying organizations in Washington, DC. The IAFF Political Action Committee, FIREPAC, is among the top 25 federal PACs among the more than 4,000 in the country.