As the front door to higher education in Ohio, Columbus State Community College seeks an experienced, strategic and visionary leader to further advance the institution's mission and partnership as the Director of Admissions. This position will provide leadership and management of the College's recruiting strategies and tactics; leads the ongoing professional development of the Admissions staff, ensures operational excellence; is responsible for practice and stellar external relationships with K12 and workforce stakeholders as it relates to Admissions strategies. The incumbent in this position is responsible for recruiting first time in college, transfer, and matriculation dual credit students with special emphasis on equity and first generation recruiting strategies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1. Provides leadership and management of CSCC recruiting strategies. Serves as one of the principle contributors to the college's overarching Strategic Enrollment Plan, serves on the college's Student Success Council and the divisions' Leadership Council, and implements department-specific strategies and goals in alignment with institutional student success and strategic enrollment objectives.
2. Leads ongoing professional development of the Admissions team. Supervises staff and/or supervisors by assigning and delegating tasks, providing direction, resolving work problems, communication job expectations, training employees, and developing professional growth opportunities. Conducts annual employee evaluations and recommends pay increases, promotions, and other personnel actions. Approves leaves and authorized overtime as appropriate. Participates in employee selection process. Administers disciplinary actions upon approval, and in collaboration with Human Resources. Carries out, explains, interprets, and enforces policy, and maintains responsibility for administering and managing department budget.
3. Collaborates with other key campus stakeholders across campus in a leadership capacity to ensure recruiting and admission strategies align with Academic Affairs and institutional goals.
4. Ensures robust data analysis and assessment standards are in place and practices in order to inform, shape, and assess the success of recruiting and new student enrollment strategies.
5. Maintains confidentiality of student records and maintains personnel files and other sensitive information.
6. Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands. Performa other related duties as required.
Minimum qualifications for this position is a Bachelor's degree in Education, Administration, Student Personnel or a closely related field and at least five years experience and demonstrated expertise in an assigned functional area, topical expertise, or possession of a certification in a relevant functional area, including supervision of others. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to worksite(s).
Preferred qualifications for this position is a Master's degree.
Applicants must submit a cover letter detailing the match between their qualifications and the needs of this position. Applications submitted without a cover letter will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
To apply, please visit: jobs.cscc.edu
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
About Columbus State
Serving more than 25,000 students, Columbus State is one of the largest and most comprehensive colleges in Ohio. Through its campuses in Columbus and Delaware County and its nine regional learning centers, the college serves students from more than 130 countries and all 88 counties in Ohio, providing more online learning opportunities than any college in the state, and contri...buting nearly a billion dollars in regional economic impact. We are a leader in the region committed to improving educational attainment by collaborating with Central Ohio higher education institutions, private sector, and community agencies to improve student success. Columbus State was named an Achieving the Dream college, a national initiative to improve student success and completion. As the key architect of The Central Ohio Compact, a regional strategy among K-12 and higher education leaders to help more students succeed in college and in the workplace, Columbus State led the Compact into the Pathways to Prosperity Network, which is building grades 9-14 career pathways in collaboration with employers and aligned with labor market demands.